It will not be long before the hot and humid during summer days arrive to Delaware – be sure you‘re ready for the steamy times ahead. A wise property management understands the need to perform what I like to refer to as ‘Opening Day’ HVAC maintenance .
Just as a swimming pool needs a lot of preparation after a dormant winter, so too does your commercial HVAC System. Why not avoid a malfunction at the most inopportune time and keep tenants and guests comfortable all season long by performing a little pro-active maintenance now?
Properly maintained HVAC systems improve energy efficiency, cut fuel and electrical bills and improve indoor air quality. The Institute for Building Efficiency, claims that a spring tune up can improve your HVAC’s energy efficiency by as much as 40 percent.
A well-maintained Commercial HVAC will run at peak performance can prolong the lifespan of the system. Those of us at Asset Management Alliance, a Delaware commercial property management company, suggest you take the following 9 steps to get your HVAC system geared up for the season.
9 Tips to Get Your Commercial HVAC System Ready for the Season:
1) Condenser Unit:Visually inspect the Condenser Unit. Check for and remove any debris that might have made its way into or around the unit to allow for proper airflow.
2) Check Mechanical Parts: Make sure the mechanical parts, such as the fan can move freely and straighten any bent coils.
3) Clean Blower Fan:A buildup of dust, pollen and other debris can restrict the air flow. A clean A/C System will work much more efficiently.
4) Inspect Wiring:Check all wiring for damage, such as loose connections, burnt wires, shorts or rodent nests.
5) Check Refrigerant Levels:If the refrigerant levels are low, check for leaks and repair before adding additional refrigerant.
6) Check Drain Lines:Closely examine the lines for any blockages from mold or mineral deposits; clean out to allow for proper drainage.
7) Evaporator Coils:Clean all coils with warm soapy water as they could become clogged due to infrequent air filter replacement.
8) Replace Filters:Change or Clean your filter every 1-2 months. This helps to prevent unwanted dust and pollens from entering the office, which can inhibit the cold airflow and lower your system’s efficiency.
9) Test: Once all the tasks above have been taken, test out the system to confirm that your air conditioner is in prime condition to get you through this upcoming season. Set your thermostat to a cool temperature to ensure that it is working properly.
Of course, a scheduled maintenance with a qualified professional is a fail-safe way to truly verify that you’re HVAC is ready to take on the hot summer ahead.
Asset Management Alliance has deep roots in the Delaware community helping all types of commercial property owners protect and enhance the value of their investment through employing a diligent and fully vetted management, maintenance and engineering team that is available 24/7 every day of the year.
Get in Touch — 302-655-2100