If you’re an experienced property manager, you already understand the need to perform certain maintenance chores on a seasonal basis. It’s been proven over the years that the benefits of annual maintenance far outweigh any savings of being reactive when it comes to commercial HVAC systems.
Granted, a commercial HVAC is a huge investment. However, keeping a well-tuned and maintained HVAC system can ultimately lower your utility bills, improve efficiency, prevent safety issues, create a healthier indoor air quality (IAQ), reduce chances of a major break down, and prolong the lifespan of the system. So how do you maintain your commercial HVAC systems? Please read below.
5 Maintenance Tips for Commercial HVAC Systems
1. Replace Air Filters – Clean air filters are proved to increase your HVAC’s efficiency.
2. Adjust Supply Registers – Commercial HVAC systems may require making adjustments, such as opening a few of the supply registers on the first floor and close a few on the second floor in order to increase efficiency.
3. Check the Furnace – As a safety precaution, inspect the furnace thoroughly for cracks in the heat exchanger to ensure carbon dioxide is not leaking.
4. Calibrate Thermostats – Increase efficiency by calibrating the thermostat set to make tenants comfortable. You can also save money on energy bills by lowering the temperature when building is unoccupied.
5. Recommended HVAC Inspection – Have your HVAC system checked at least twice a year by a professional to help early identify potential issues that could compromise your units efficiency or safety.
Want to avoid any unwanted or costly surprises this fall or winter? Doing all the above steps can make your transition to the colder season seamless. Remember: A proactive property manager is set to better meet tenants’ expectations and develop a solid reputation within the industry.
Asset Management Alliance has deep roots in the Delaware community helping all types of commercial property owners protect and enhance the value of their investment through employing a diligent and fully vetted management, maintenance and engineering team that is available 24/7 every day of the year.